About: How to create cleaner coal - Emma Bryce
You are rather the hero or you live long enough to become the villain
Coal is banished from Ontario Canada entirely, so I don’t have to feel so bad
- H2 (Hydrogen), for fuel cell
- LPG/Town Gas
- Methanol, for dimethyl ether, methyl acetate (solvent for glues and paints, acetic anhydride), formaldehyde, gasoline, olefins (caulks, cement and glues, construction adhesive, detergents, fingernail polish, liquid soaps and shampoos), acetic anhydride (cellulosic plastics, filter products, photographic film)
- Naphtha, used in the manufacture of plastics
- Ethylene glycol, for polyester, synthetic rubber
- Coke is used as a smokeless fuel and for the manufacture of water gas and producer gas.
- Tar, for road surfacing
- Benzole, a motor fuel
- Creosote, a wood preservative
- Phenol, used in the manufacture of plastics
- Cresols, for disinfectants
- Sulfur, used in the manufacture of sulfuric acid
- Ammonia, used in the manufacture of fertilizers
- Carbon Monoxide, for acetic acid, chemical feedstock
- Propylene, for fuel and refrigerants
- Pyridine, for Pesticides, Solvent and Specialty reagents
In Ontario there are 0 coal plants
Why dont i just slap a nuclear reactor on or in my tablet
wait, could we just pump the CO2 into greenhouses? because plants use carbon dioxide to live. however nobody would be allowed to go in because the air is poisonous or, at least without some kind of protection.
I don’t understand the message you’re trying to get across, Ted-ed.
Anyone remember when people where talking down to trump for wanting to use clean coal. And most people said that clean coal isnt real
He looks way to comfortable
I have a better idea we don't use it
ThAt'S WhY ThOrIuM RoCkS
a few KiLoMeTeRs of my jouse there is a hydroelectric plant so im not guilty
This needs more views
The video started okay talking about toxic gases then it Segwayed into propaganda about CO2 and global warming, shame.
What the... There are countries now running completely with renewable energy. This video is not aged well. Also to be honest this doesn't feel like a real ted-ed video. Do you really think pumping co2 to the ocean is an acceptable method in any way!!?!
his darkest power is farting a lot of bad smelling gas
The more we burn coal.
The more carbon is added to atmosphere.
The more CO and CO2, etc. Combination of carbon will be created.
This will disturb the nature itself.
well no one think of nuclear power plants
Wouldn't depositing CO2 into the ground be bad? And doesn't plants need CO2 to breathe and live? Why could we devise a way to bring the leftover CO2 to them instead?
Coal is more efficient then most “green” technologies. And since most greenies don’t want nuclear energy, it’s better to use coal.
If Nino ran his own coal mine, he would personally clean every lump of coal and take pictures of himself doing it